FEDERER RE-WRITES HISTORY: 18TH GRAND SLAM

by - February 02, 2017

I WITNESSED ROGER FEDERER WON HIS 18TH GRAND SLAM TITLE!!!!!

It was unpredictable. It was magical. It was peRFect.


I cried. This win was an extremely emotional one for me personally. Because I was waiting for this moment since the day I devoted myself as an RF fan. Roger Federer is not just a tennis player to me. He's my idol. My inspiration. My biggest role model. His fighting spirit and dedication for the sport he loves always inspired me in so many ways. So this win, too, means the world to me. I cried like a baby. I was so happy. I was so proud of my man that night.



Coming through the 2017 Australian Open, even Roger himself didn't expect to be winning the title since he's been off 6 months in 2016. Also...his draw is brutal. To get to the final, he had to beat many of the TOP players which are Berdych, Nishikori, Murray (predicted), and Wawrinka. So I was nervous, didn't put up high expectation and just be happy about his comeback. Because not being able to see him for 6 months sucks. A lot.

BUT....

I've been watching him from Day 1 and it blew my mind.. The way he plays amazed EVERYONE. Even himself. He's playing like he's never been away. He was playing amazingly well. He played in the highest level of tennis. He was amazing and somehow managed to get to the final. AND... guess who is he playing in the final? YES. His greatest rival, Rafael Nadal! Classic.

This was not the first time I watched Roger played in a Slam final. But this was the first time EVER that I got to watch the classic Fedal match in a Slam final!!! (I'm blessed!). They used to play each other A LOT in the early years (2004-2009), but those years were the years where I know zero about tennis. That's why I feel so lucky to be able to witness this historic win. πŸ˜­πŸ†πŸ’•

Look how much this means to him.
Can't hold those tears of joy.
Rafa. Rod. Roger.
The 3 living legends.
The biggest smile I've ever seen on him.
Reunited with the proud team. Celebrating.

Mirka's reaction melted my heart. The sweetest. πŸ˜­πŸ’•πŸ˜­πŸ’•πŸ’• 



"She knew me when I had no titles. She's still here 89 titles later." -Roger Federer on wife, Mirka. πŸ’˜




A photoshoot with the trophy in hand the day after in Melbourne Park.
With lots of people and journalists around....
He's in the newspaper, front page, all around the world.

Also, two of his biggest sponsors, Nike and Wilson, made special tees and rackets to celebrate his 18th Grand Slam victory. As for Wilson, Roger personally signed 18 limited edition tennis rackets that will be auctioned off at rogerfederer.com and all proceeds will go toward The Roger Federer Foundation. What a thoughtful gift. πŸ˜­πŸ’•



Warm welcome from the Swiss people when he arrived at the airport in Zurich.
Pride of Swiss.

Congratulations, Maestro! You never cease to amaze me. You re-write the history, again! Please don't stop fighting. Please don't stop at No. 18. Please keep that fire in you. I love you. I'm so proud of you. You have been and will always be my biggest role model.
More great things to come! πŸ’–


Till next year, Melbourne. πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹πŸ‘‹




chacha
XO♥XO

You May Also Like

0 comment

Call Me Pinky is an online journal that shares life adventure, dream, and all other random good things. Thank you for taking your time reading this site and for leaving comments. I appreciate that a lot. xx